We have a responsibility to our community and our donors and work hard to ensure long-term sustainability of the organization.
Raven Hill Discovery Center incorporated in 1991 as a 501(c)(3) corporation. We make our IRS Form 990 available for review, as required by law.
- Our fiscal year runs from July 1 to June 30. The 2020 990 form covers the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2020 and ending June 30, 2021. Please keep that in mind as you review these 990 forms, as the 2020 990 form is the most current one available.
- Other fluctuations in revenue may occur, as the Center writes grants and seeks donations for specific projects. For example, in 2017 and 2019, funds were raised and land was purchased adjacent to Raven Hill. The new Open Space already makes Raven Hill more visible from the main road and eventually will be the site of a Welcome Center for easier access to programs and exhibits during the winter months.
- In 2018, extra funding was raised to support the Smithsonian Museum on Main Street Water/Ways exhibit that Raven Hill hosted.
- In 2019, funding was raised for a capital improvement project. The Steppes reconfigured the main campus entrance area, improving accessibility, safety, parking, maintenance and providing a unique artistic focal point of 238 feet of beautifully curved and functional steps from the parking lot to the pavilion area.
- In 2021, Raven Hill successfully fundraised for a new Connections Trail, which has learning stations spaced out along the half-mile pathway. In the event of a future lockdown, Raven Hill can stay open for the outdoor exhibits and activities.
Please know that you can donate anytime to help support opportunities to learn, create, grow and play anytime. Each and every donation, large or small, is much appreciated.